FreezerBurn is powered by volunteers – volunteers like you! We need help before, during, and after the event. Register to volunteer here: http://freezerburn.duplie.com/
The Safety Team oversees Rangers, Fire, Medical and First Aid, Sanctuary, Perimeter Guardians, Sound Marshalls, Burn ICS, and Weather watch.
- Medical & First Aid
- Perimeter Guardians
- Burn ICS
- Sound Marshals
Learn more here.
Site Ops Team
The Site Operations Team oversees all work required to make our land safe and operable as well as how we best utilize it.
- Work Weekends
- Pre & Post (City Setup)
- City Planning
- Yetis & City Maintenance
- Special Ops Yetis
- Site Signoff
- 4×4 Crew
City Ops Team
The City Operations Team oversees most non-Safety on-site shift work during FreezerBurn Texas, ensuring the event runs smoothly.
- RV Parking
- Zone Czars & Placement
The Logistics Team oversees the org’s inventory, transportation, infrastructure support, and logistical requirements before, during, and after FreezerBurn Texas.
- Inventory & Storage
- Radio Prep
The Art Team oversees all things ART at FreezerBurn Texas, focused heavily on all things Effigy and pre-event activities including art grants, soliciting art, liaising with artists, and coordinating art placement.
- Effigy Build
- Mutant Vehicles
- Registration & Placement
- Burn Night Pyro
- Burn Night Conclave
Learn more here.
The Communications Team oversees vetting, publishing and curating all public-facing communications and media on behalf of FreezerBurn Texas.
- Theme Camp Liaison: Coordinate with theme camps and manage event schedule for kiosks
- Social Media & Email: Update the community via Facebook, Twitter, Website and Newsletter
- Design: Recruit designers and complete designs for signage, survival guide, and team swag
- Sticker Contest: Collect Sticker submissions and complete judging and selection
- Photo: Recruit photographer for the event. Proselytize the org’s consent and photo policy as well as capture city life and art
- Signage & Kiosks (Pre-event): Help create onsite signage (design, painting, etc)
- Signage & Kiosks (Onsite): distribute onsite signage, set up kiosks with event schedule and daily updates, and other event needs
- Off-Site: Off-Site person not at event who can communicate emergency updates with default world
The Volunteerz Team oversees wrangling all the super helpful humans that make it possible for Art Community Builders to build FreezerBurn Texas and other community events. This includes discovering what skills and resources are required for each project, connecting willing participants and available services to them, and coordinating hospitality for training and retreat events.
- Volunteer Tickets
- On-Site Recruitment
- On-Site Fluffer