About the IGLOO Advisory Council
The IGLOO is an advisory committee to the Board to facilitate community discussions, transparency for the policy-making process and organization of FreezerBurn.
To make it clear what this means, the following terms have specific meaning to our organizational body:
- Advisory: The IGLOO is not a policy-making body, but advises the Board on policies for the event. The Board has final decision-making authority for all policies that affect events sponsored by the Board.
- Community Input: The IGLOO is focused on gathering objective and factual community input to aid the Board in decision making.
- Facilitate: The IGLOO facilitates communication with the community but is not the only avenue for communication. The IGLOO will proactively seek communication on issues that have been identified (by the Board, the IGLOO, or the community at large) as needing community input.
- Transparency: The IGLOO makes a commitment to conduct itself as an open-book organization, providing meeting minutes, documentation for its recommendations to the Board, open meetings, and clear communication about the policy-making process and its results.
- Burn Community Events: Events specifically sponsored by the Board.
Some of the things the IGLOO is not:
- The IGLOO is not a group of managers for the volunteers. The IGLOO is composed of community members who may have roles as volunteer leads or volunteers at events in addition to being a member of the IGLOO.
- The IGLOO is not a policy-making body. The Board is the final authority on policy related to events. The IGLOO advises on these policies.
- The IGLOO is not the only way to communicate to the Board or the volunteer leads. Anyone in our community is welcome to communicate with the Board or anyone else in the organization.
- The IGLOO is not a black box. Anyone is welcome to come to our meetings. We will run these meetings in an open format that will give people time to speak and address issues. The only requirement is to ask for scheduled time if you intend to address a specific issue.
Please CONTACT US if you have any questions.